MyoBridge - Direct Myo <-> Ardiuno Communication

by wxirxn

by Manar
thank you for your reply.what I meant was, do I need a CC Debugger to do so?I will read the Wiki on the github page right away

You will not need a CC Debugger if you're using CCLoader. You will, however, still need a PC to flash the firmware.
by jb33

Hi, I successfully flashed the hm-11 firmware and ran all 4 MyoBridge examples today with voltage dividers! Then later I tried to connect my second Myo but it wouldn't connect. The I tried to connect up again with the first one from earlier and it would not connect. Myo firmware is reported as 1.5.1970, hardware version 2 on the one that connected earlier. Any ideas?

Last edit: Jan. 11, 2016 03:33 AM

by JacobVR

better visit some electronic store and ask them to help
by jb33

got them both connected up again this morning. but still with a bit of turn it off/turn it on/reboot/unplug it and plug it back in again. Thinking the voltage dividers may not work reliably based on others experience in the thread so I'll pick up logic level converter and see how it does.

btw, do you anticipate any issues with two Myo's connected to two hm-lls?

And how reliable do you find the gesture recognition is? I get first/wave-in/wave-out pretty reliably but fingres-spread is so so and double-tap has pretty poor recognition.

I'm trying to use the Myo Armband for “jedi-control” a full-sized bb-8 build. Thanks so much for publishing the library! Awesome how easy it was to get these integrated. Myo should hire you! Why haven't they produced a library yet!?
by valentinrol

Good to hear you got it working! Unfortunately, I could never test it with two Myos, which is why the library just connects to the first Myo it finds. I planned to maybe add that in the future, but since I am no longer involved in the original project and dont have my own Myo, this will have to wait. I was doing farm work after this, instead
But you could probably use two HM-11, keep the second one in reset state until the first one connects, then boot up the second one and let it grab the remaining Myo.

Actually, I can't tell you anything about Myo's built-in gesture recognition, since I did not use it very much. But as far as I know, you can create custom profiles and adjust come settings with Myo Connect…

Sounds like a cool project Sure, an officially supported library would be nice, but as you can see with this project, you really had to provide special hardware for an Arduino SDK, so I see why this is not top priority for Thalmic.
by jb33

by valentinrol

omg man! you simply must continue to support the library! I would honestly consider buying you a Myo if that's what it took! How did you prosthetic project turn out btw?

This is my project: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BB8BuildersClub/

There are over 9000 people trying to build these who are all gonna want jedi control with your library! You've got to port it to rasberry pi, beaglebone, odroid! Man, you're just getting started. You're the key to Myo's whole pitch where they were like you hackers can turn this into something amazing! That's you man!! Seriously. You are the amazing one. Keep it up. We need you!!

@smngreenberg - hire this guy!!
by ewen

Hello,
I have a problem to flash my HM-10. I am working with an Arduino Micro. I tried the gilhrpenner's set up but it still doesn't work. I don't use the CCDebugger because I saw I don't need it if I use the CCLoader.
Here it is when I am trying to execute the CCLoader.

Copyright © 2013 RedBearLab.com
CCLoader.exe version 0.5
Comport : COM4
Bin file: MyoBridge_CC2541.bin
Device : Default (e.g. UNO)

Comport open!
<Baud:115200> <data:8> <parity:none> <stopbit:1> <DTRff> <RTSff>

File open!
!!WARNING: File's size isn't the integer multiples of 512 bytes, and
the last block will be filled in up to 512 bytes with 0xFF!
Block total: 769

Enable transmission…
Request sent already!
/********************************************************************/
* If there is no respond last for 3s, please press “Ctrl+C” to exit!
* And pay attention to :
* 1. The connection between computer and Arduino;
* 2. The connection between Arduino and CC2540;
* 3. Whether the device you using is Leonardo or not;
* 4. Other unexpected errors.
/********************************************************************/

Waiting for respond from Arduino…
by jb33

double check your wiring. I had that too then noticed the two resistors in my voltage divider were not lined up.
by jb33

valentinrol, what would it take to support a dual IMU/Pose mode? I'd like to engage a specific axis with a pose and then drive forward/reverse and turn with the IMU data. Seem doable?

thanks,
jb
by ewen

Thanks for your reply jb33. I checked it many times and I didn't find any mistake with my wiring.
Is it possible that the CCLoader may not work with the Arduino Micro ?
Moderator control