MyoBridge - Direct Myo <-> Ardiuno Communication

by Pinzgauer16

Hello,

if the led is active (blue) the myo bridge is established between the gesture band and the firmware-flashed BLE module. i used Arduino 1.6.9 and it works!
i dont know the software-status from the bracelet.

but i think and i am realy sure this problem only depends on the ardunino sw.
Looking forward to hear about your success.

kind regards Peter
by LJHS

Hi.

I changed the Arduino software to the previously mentioned version (1.69), but it still does not work. However, the Led remains blue when I upload the program.

Which may be?

Greetings.

LJHS
by Belle0412

Hello,
I need some advice using the CCLoader Library. At first as you can see I wired and soldered everything, hopefully, correctly.

Setup
Setup 1
Setup 2

Then I just followed the advices given on page four. I use an Arduino Uno. I do not know if I have to use voltage dividers or a level converter as many of you mentioned, but as the Uno has an Output of 3,3V I just thought that this is not necessarry.
As you can see in the pictures I am trying to control a vehicle using the Myo Bridge Library.
I hope someone can help me and I am very thankful for every advice you can give.
Command Window Output

Thanks in advance!
Greetings.
Annabelle

Last edit: July 23, 2017 09:01 AM

by Fernhew

hello @belle0412, i face the same issue but my issue was because of hm10 module, after that i did not try. recently Bình Nguyễn successfully uploaded the firmware contact him on binh2542k@gmail.com. he can help you
by Belle0412

Hey @Fernhew!
Thanks for you help, but I got it working. I works now with the HM-11 Bluetooth Module. I was not able to flash it to the HM-10 Module.
The only weird thing is that the Hm-11 does not react to AT commands and so I thought I did not solder it well, but as I just tried to flash it it worked.
Now I am searching for a library that allows to use other gestures than the preprogrammed…
by Fernhew

Hello @Belle0412 ,
good to hear you solved the issue. i do not think currently a library is available for working with other gestures. let see you get any such stuff from developers. please drop me a message on vagant.20@gmail.com i have some queries
by jodeelee

does anyone have the bin files available? i tried converting the hex file but i think I'm not doing it correctly. the old links don't work anymore.

by diaa

Hey, I am very much interested into this library.

I also have a (Bluno Nano - An Arduino Nano with Bluetooth 4.0) DFRobot BLE bees based on the CC2450,
Do you have any information how I can flash it using an arduino?
by Oscar

Hello,

I updated the the .bin file of my BLE HM10 (with a CC2541 chip) module with the file CC2541.bin from @Pinzgauer16, I did this with CCLoader from @RedBear and an Arduino Uno and it's working fine, I have connected to my Myo Armband with the examples of @vrolan.

Thanks for sharing.
by swtich.one

After reading all of the posts, doing some testing on multiple platforms and getting some knowledge I decided to write a nice post that sums it all up. Hope this helps someone

Hardware used:

• Arduino Uno rev3
• HM-10 BLE chip
• Arduino jumper wires
• Soldering kit

Download MyoBridge library from github. It contains files necessary to flash your HM-10 chip.

Download here:
MyoBridge

Download CCLoader. It's used to flash your HM-10 chip through Arduino Uno

Download here:
CCLoader

Soldering

For flashing the HM-10 chip your wires should be soldered like this:

Connecting Arduino Uno and HM-10

RESET (RED), DEBUG_DATA (BLUE) and DEBUG_CLOCK (YELLOW) wires must be soldered to the pins on the HM-10 board (see image above), because you will not be able to flash the chip with CCLoader.

Connect those wires from HM-10 to your Arduino board in the following order:

HM-10 => ARDUINO

DEBUG_DATA (BLUE) => PIN 6
DEBUG_CLOCK (YELLOW) => PIN 5
RESET (RED) => PIN 4
VCC => 3.3V
GND => GND

Please notice that on the HM-10 chip you soldered the wires in order RED, BLUE, YELLOW and you are connecting them to your Arduino in order RED, YELLOW, BLUE at pins 4,5 and 6. This is a common mistake and you will not be able to flash your chip if the order is wrong.

VCC and GND pins don't need soldering because they are the second and third pin on your HM-10 chip. Check the back of the HM-10 chip, there are VCC and GND labels for the those pins. Use some female to male jumper wires to connect those to you Arduino board

Connect VCC from HM-10 to 3.3V on Arduino
Connect GND from HM-10 to GND on Arduino, two pins below the 3.3V VCC connection.

After VCC and GND are connected a red LED should light up on your HM-10 chip.

Flashing HM-10

After you have connected all five wires to your Arduino board we are ready for HM-10 flashing.
I recommend using Windows for this as I had some problems on Mac OSX.

1. Connect your Arduino to PC

2. Open the CCLoader folder you downloaded from github.

3. Go to Arduino / CCLoader folder and double click CCLoader.ino file (this should open your Arduino IDE)

4. Upload CCLoader.ino to your Arduino board

5. Before closing your Arduino IDE go to Tools => Port and make sure you remember the number of port your Uno uses to communicate. (Usually COM7 so the port number is 7)

6. Disconnect your Uno and close Arduino IDE

7. Open the MyoBridge folder you downloaded from github.

8. Go to myobridge_firmware / Bin folder and copy the MyoBridge_CC2541.bin file

9. Open back you CCLoader folder and go to Windows folder. You should see two files, CCLoader.exe and CCLoader_x86_x64.exe. Paste the MyoBridge_CC2541.bin file there.

10. Open the command prompt on your PC ( start => run => cmd ) and navigate to your CCLoader / Windows folder with the “cd” (no quotes) command. After you are in the folder via command prompt, type “dir” (no quotes) . You sould see the two CCLoader exe files and your MyoBridge bin file.

11. Connect your Uno+HM-10 to the same USB port on your PC as the first time (so the port number stays the same) and inside your command prompt write

CCLoader.exe 7 MyoBridge_CC2541.bin 0

CCLoader.exe is the executable we will use for flashing, number 7 is the port Uno uses to communicate with the PC, MyoBridge_CC2541.bin is the file we need to flash on our HM-10 chip and number 0 (zero) is to tell the CCLoader we are using an Arduino Uno. You can use 1 instead of 0 if you use an Arduino Leonardo.

You should see messages like:

Block total: 274
Enable transmission…
Request send already! Waiting for respond…

The next message you should see is “Begin programming…”.

If that is not the case and you are stuck at “Request send already! Waiting for respond…” there is huge chance you didn't solder some of the BLUE, YELLOW or RED pins on your HM-10 chip right or your wire order where you connect the HM-10 to the Arduino could be wrong. It's BLUE => PIN 6, YELLOW => PIN 5 and RED => PIN 4.

If it still does not work, there is always a possibility that your HM-10 is faulty or some cheap clone that is just sold as HM-10.

If you see the “Begin programming…” message and the flashing process is started, you should see the block countdown.

MAKE SURE YOUR LAST BLOCK NUMBER IS 274, not 273.
I had this problem on my Mac, not sure why, but flashing the HM-10 with my Windows PC worked perfect.

So the last few lines with block numbers should say:

272 273 274 Program successfully!
File closed!
Comport closed!

If you see that inside your command prompt, it means you successfully flashed the HM-10 using your Arduino Uno and CCLoader.

12. Close your command prompt and disconnect Arduino from PC.

13. The TX and RX pins from the HM-10 chip need to be connected to digital pins 2 and 3 on the Arduino board.

HM-10 chip has TX and RX pins right next to the VCC and GND pins you connected before. Use some female to male jumper wires to connect those to your Arduino board like this:

HM-10 => ARDUINO
TX => PIN 2
RX => PIN 3

14. Connect Arduino back to your PC and open your MyoBridge folder you downloaded from github.
Go to / Arduino / libraries / and create a zip archive from the MyoBridge folder.

15. Open Arduino IDE and go to Sketch => Include library => Add .ZIP library and navigate to the zip file we created in the previous step MyoBridge.zip. This will add the MyoBridge library and code samples for future use and upload to your Arduino board.

16. In your Arduino IDE go to File => Examples => MyoBridge => readPoseData, this should load up the sketch that is ready to communicate with your Myo armband. Upload it to your Arduino board, open the Serial Monitor in your Arduino IDE by clicking Tools => Serial Monitor, set baud to 115200 and try to connect with your Myo Armband.

You should see messages “Searching for Myo…” and “connected!”.

After that you should try and see pose names like:
MYO_POSE_REST
MYO_POSE_FIST
MYO_POSE_WAVE_IN
MYO_POSE_WAVE_OUT
MYO_POSE_FINGERS_SPREAD
MYO_POSE_DOUBLE_TAP

I hope that this will help someone. Please confirm this process works, or let me know if I left some steps out.

Sorry for the long post, here is a nice smiley face

Last edit: May 17, 2018 05:23 PM

Moderator control