MyoBridge - Direct Myo <-> Ardiuno Communication

by Pinzgauer16

Hello, the voltage divider is only recommented to decrease the voltage potentiel for the 3V3 input from the module.
A voltage divider has no effect on the data transfer cause it is a passive element.
A resistor doesnt change the slew rate or if so it change the slew rate in very very slow value.
What i want to say: if you supply your module with the CC2541 Controller from TI and you have flashed the CC2541.bin file in the correct way on it you should have a connection to the myo gesture band and the blue LED is brighting (under the MYO symoble on the band).
If not, pls post the generated file from the ccloader after flashing.

Normally it ends like that: After 274 Upload successfully!

Kind regards
Peter
by AreilR

Hi, I am using the file CC2541.bin that @wxirxn posted on page 4 of this thread and this module https://www.itead.cc/wiki/BLE_Bee wich is based on a CC2541.
I got this message:

!!WARNING: File's size isn´t the integrer multiples od 512 bytes, and the last block will be filled in up to 512 bytes with 0xFF! Block Total: 274

Then

No chip detected!
Upload Failed! File closed!
Comport closed!

What can I be doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.
by AreilR

Hello, I finally could successfully upload the firmware.
I was missing to change the baud rate of my module which is by default 9600, but then it worked.
Now I'm gonna test the library examples, thanks so much for your help.
by julio-jimmy

hi, can i use the HC-06 bluetooth module?? thanks for the answer
by gjwlals111

nope. hc-06 is not ble module. you must use ble module such as hm-10.
by Meag22

Hey! So I am doing research with Prosthetics at my University and am using this method. However, I am using an Arduino Feather board in place of the Arduino UNO. I have already Flashed the HM-11 chip, connected the Bluetooth chip to the Arduino, and successfully loaded on the library to the Arduino IDE. I have the “printFirmwareinfo” uploaded and verified yet when I go to serial monitor for the “searching for myo…” nothing comes up. The Myogesture band is vibrating on my arm when i move sometimes so is it connected to the blue tooth chip? I was just looking for some guidance on how to the serial monitor to show what it needs to.

Thanks!

Meag
by Pinzgauer16

Hello Meag,

is the blue led under the myo symbol from the amrband shining when you supply the BLE module with energy and put the gesture band on your arm?

if not, you havent the correct firmware on the BLE module!

pls check that!

kind regards Peter
by Meag22

by Pinzgauer16
Hello Meag,is the blue led under the myo symbol from the amrband shining when you supply the BLE module with energy and put the gesture band on your arm?if not, you havent the correct firmware on the BLE module!pls check that!kind regards Peter

Hey Peter, Yes the myo symbol is lit up and blue so I believe I am all good to go there, any other suggestions?

Much appreciated,

Meag
by lbranscombe

Hello!

Has anyone tried using the MyoBridge library with an Arduino that already has bluetooth built in? We have an Arduino 101 board and are attempting to use a gesture from the Myo band to turn on or off a solenoid or servo motor. Any suggestions on how this may work? Thanks in advance!

Lauren
by LJHS

Hi.

I already did everything related to the CC Debugger and the connection to Arduino. But, when running the Arduino programs, it does not recognize the bracelet (the LED turns blue, which, in my opinion, means that if a connection is established).
I think maybe I can not because of the Arduino software version, or the firmware version of the bracelet. What version do you have of both? Or, do not you think that's it?

First of all, Thanks.

Luis Javier
Moderator control