New firmware release

by edecleir TL

New firmware release

We're working to make Myo better and better! Want to help? Download this firmware and let us know your feedback!

Detailed information about manually updating your firmware can be found in this support article: How do I manually update the firmware on my Myo armband?

Once you've installed the new firmware and used your Myo armband, send us feedback by leaving a post in this thread or using our feedback form.
by eXplodus

New firmware release

What's new or different in this firmware?
by edecleir TL

New firmware release

by eXplodus
What's new or different in this firmware?

This is a new model of the firmware. We've significantly improved gesture recognition, particularly on finger spread and we'd love to hear your feedback.
by jgastonraoul

New firmware release

I've just updated and my first tests show that gestures seem to be much better recognized !

Good work, folks !
by edecleir TL

New firmware release

by jgastonraoul
I've just updated and my first tests show that gestures seem to be much better recognized !Good work, folks !

Awesome! Thanks for testing it out!
by gennaone

New firmware release

I just flashed the new firmware. I must say, it is still very very flimzy for me as far as capturing the fingers spread gesture. I tried shifting the myo a little to the side, that seemed to help it, but it's still not too precise, I get it recognized about 50% of the time. Most of the time it just does nothing, while sometimes it gives me a false positive for closed fist. Could be something with my muscles, not sure.

P.S. I also need to hold my fist pretty tight for it to recognize the fist gesture, so maybe the unlock gesture is done too forcefully.

Last edit: Oct. 2, 2015 04:04 AM

by eXplodus

New firmware release

It's a little bit better, but ‘finger spread’ is still the gesture that are recognized worst. But with my boss, with slightly thicker arm, it works so much better
by sbanduk TL

New firmware release

by gennaone
I just flashed the new firmware. I must say, it is still very very flimzy for me as far as capturing the fingers spread gesture. I tried shifting the myo a little to the side, that seemed to help it, but it's still not too precise, I get it recognized about 50% of the time. Most of the time it just does nothing, while sometimes it gives me a false positive for closed fist. Could be something with my muscles, not sure. P.S. I also need to hold my fist pretty tight for it to recognize the fist gesture, so maybe the unlock gesture is done too forcefully.

Be sure to turn off your custom profile if you're trying this new firmware, as that might be getting in the way. Also, ensure that your Myo is on with the solid line closer to your wrist. Could either of those be getting in the way?
by gennaone

New firmware release

I have a check mark on the “Default Profile” even though I do have a custom profile created. I am also wearing the myo with the usb/solid line facing toward my wrist. I try to wear it for about 5 minutes before syncing. Even though sometimes it syncs while I'm typing even, but I just wear it to get the heat going and then re-sync it by moving it a bit. Therefore I don't believe those issues apply to me. My other gestures recognize most of the time, though, it's just the fingers spread that I've always had more trouble with.

P.S. I haven't messed with the custom profile that I made in a while. But it is having a lot more luck with recognizing my spread fingers than the default profile.

Last edit: Oct. 2, 2015 03:45 PM

by BigHeadMode

New firmware release

I've only had the new firmware installed for about 15 minutes, but my initial thoughts are that it's almost too sensitive. My Myo is definitely responding to gestures much better than before. It's able to recognize gestures without needing so much force behind the gestures. Here's the downside: I'm constantly getting false positives. As the Myo tries to interpret gestures so much faster, it's drawing a lot of false conclusions. For example, I'll start to make a fist, and the Myo thinks I'm waving to the left. Or I'll start to spread my fingers, and it interprets that as a lock gesture. While the speed improvements are fantastic, the reliability/accuracy just isn't quite there yet. The lowered force threshold for gestures feels like a step in the right direction, but not if it comes at the cost of accuracy.

Keep up the good work guys! The improvements you've made over the last year have been fantastic!
Moderator control