Linux support?

by dsnowdon

Linux support?

The developer home page lists Windows, Mac, iOS & Android. Anyone know if Linux support is planned?

I have some applications in mind that would benefit from embedded systems (robots) being able to connect directly to MYO
by TwoNotes

Linux support?

I was going to run the ‘gatttool’ utility in a subprocess and parse its output as a start. ‘gatttool’ is in the bluez source package. That is why I asked about the protocol details.

As far as I know, only Windows8 has support for BLE, so unless Thalmic is supplying drivers for W7, that is out. Apple has pretty broad support for BLE but I never buy Apple products. My only Android device is last years Nexus7, which has no BLE radio. That leaves Linux.
by @smngreenberg TL

Linux support?

We'll definitely be looking to have Linux support eventually! It's also one of our most popular questions, some guys even made a website for it: myoforlinux.com.

Official Linux support is still a little ways down the roadmap however. In the medium term we're plannning on open-sourcing the client-side API's and looking for people to help out with the porting process.
by amp

Linux support?

I'm also very much interested in linux support, as the initial project I had in mind would involve controlling a RaspPi based project. I'm sure it could be done with a MacOS intermediary but that wouldn't be preferable.
by dan

Linux support?

All my main dev environments are linux so it would make life simpler and cheaper if linux was supported. if you have the driver working on android it would seem you are half way there
by TwoNotes

Linux support?

Android uses it's own API for Bluetooth LE, while regular Linux relies on the bluez package. They are quite different, and bluez suffers from rather sparse documentation.

Last edit: Sept. 30, 2013 09:26 PM

by zlice

Linux support?

me too. i'll buy one if there's linux support
by anhel

Linux support?

+1. I'm a linux user for 5 years. I love Myo, but I don't want to start dealing with Windows or Mac to use it

Last edit: Nov. 1, 2013 02:03 AM

by MrCruz

Linux support?

Linux. Myo. It needs to happen.

I'll patch bluez myself if need be.

Last edit: Nov. 19, 2013 12:28 PM

by overflow

Linux support?

Android = Linux
Moderator control