Strange behaviour while trying to connect to my Myo using the bluetooth protocol

by jefBinomed

Strange behaviour while trying to connect to my Myo using the bluetooth protocol

Hi, I really need help ! i want to write a web library based on the bluetooth protocol but it seems that with my Myo I face some problems. Indeed, it seems that something is not correctly initialize during the connect process.

I try to debug all of this but i don't know what to do to give you the best informations…

The main problem I have is that I can't retreive the gestures. The notification services of gestures doesn't send me any informations :'(

Here what I test and what are my first conclusions :

Myo with firmware 1.5.1970
  • I try to use the Windows client and everything works
  • I try to use the Windows websocket and everything works
  • I try to use and android app and everything works
  • I ask to a person i know to test the protocol on a web page and it works for her.

But If i try :
  • Using the protocol on a web page on windows, linux, Android (based on WebBluetooth), I don't retreive the gestures notifications
  • Using the protocol with NrfConnect on Android, I don't retreive the gestures notifications
Here is the commands and service I use :
  • Connect to Myo
  • Get ControlService : d5060001-a904-deb9-4748-2c7f4a124842
  • Get CommandCharacteristic : d5060401-a904-deb9-4748-2c7f4a124842
  • Set Command to : 0x01 0x03 0x00 0x00 0x01 (for set gesture listening)
  • Get Classifier Service : d5060003-a904-deb9-4748-2c7f4a124842
  • Get Classifier Characteristic : d5060103-a904-deb9-4748-2c7f4a124842
  • Register notifications
So my first conclusion is that the problem comes from my Myo but I don't know to understand the source of the problem and if there is a way to reset my Myo ?

can you please help me ?

regards
by jefBinomed

Just to complete my ticket

I test again on Linux with the same webpage and it works. So I think there is a kind of interference between protocols and the power of the bluetooth adapter include in the machine.

Can you please try to see if you can reproduce and maybe see if you can do a firmware update ?

I could test it if you need.

regards
Moderator control