Known Issues and Limitations
The following limitations will be resolved in future updates of the SDK:
- The coordinate frame for orientation data is currently not specified.
- The coordinate frame for accelerometer data and gyroscope data is currently not specified.
- Myo Armbands can only be connected to a single app.
- iOS devices sometimes have issues discovering services, causing a Myo connection to fail. This can be temporarily avoided by restarting the iOS device.
The following are iOS known issues and limitations.
- On 64-bit iOS 7.0.x devices, bluetooth notification bandwidth is limited to 33.33 Hz, which may affect orientation streaming and pose recognition. This iOS bug is fixed in iOS 7.1.
If you do not enable background mode, you may see the following warning:
CoreBluetooth[API MISUSE] <CBCentralManager: 0x145715b0> has no restore identifier but the delegate implements the centralManager:willRestoreState: method. Restoring will not be supported
This warning is harmless and can be ignored.
- Added TLMMyo object to relevant TLMHub notifications' userInfo dictionary. TLMMyo can be accessed using
- Myo firmware version 1.1.5 or greater is required for streaming of EMG data without reducing performance of the gesture classifier.
- Fixed a forward compatibility issue with Myo firmware. Applications should update to use this SDK as soon as possible.
- Added missing myo and timestamp properties to
- Removed dependence on GLKit in order to better support Swift. GLKVector3 is replaced with TLMVector3, and GLKQuaternion is replaced with TLMQuaternion.
Beta Release 3
- Myo firmware version 1.1.0 or greater.
lockingPolicy property to TLMHub.
- (void)unlockWithType:(TLMUnlockType)type and
- (void)lock methods to TLMMyo.
- (void)indicateUserAction method on TLMMyo.
- Removed Thumb to Pinky pose.
Beta Release 2
- Myo firmware version 1.0.0 or greater.
pose property to
orientation property to
xDirection properties to
- Myo armbands no longer lose their arm sync state when disconnecting.
- Connecting to a synced Myo armband now triggers an arm synced event.
- Disconnecting from a synced Myo armband now triggers an arm unsynced event.
- The logo LED now pulses when the Myo armband is not synced, and becomes solid once synced.
TLMArmSyncEvent. Related keys and notifications have been updated as well.
TLMArmUnsyncEvent. Related keys and notifications have been updated as well.
Beta Release 1
- Added background support for Myo events.
- Added new attaching and detaching methods. Attaching to a
TLMMyo means the
TLMHub will always try to maintain the connection to the Myo, even when the Myo disconnects.
- Added ability to attach to a Myo by its identifier.
- Supports trainingless pose classification.
- Myo firmware version 0.8.11 or greater.
Alpha Release 7
TLMPoseTypeRest pose has replaced the
TLMPoseTypeThumbToPinky pose has replaced the
TLMPoseTypeUnknown pose has been added.
- An applicationIdentifier property has been added to TLMHub.
Alpha Release 6
- Proper pose classification for multiple Myo armbands.
Alpha Release 5
- New pose recognition algorithm which provides more consistent recognition of poses.
- Support for multiple Myo armbands concurrently.
- Myo firmware version 0.7.x.
- Issue parsing different firmware versions.
Alpha Release 4
- arm64 and x86_64 support.
- Removed notificationDispatchQueue. If you want to receive notifications on a thread other than the main thread, use the NSNotificationCenter addObserverForName:object:queue:usingBlock: method.
- Renamed TLMAccelerometerEvent.accelerationVector to TLMAccelerometerEvent.vector, TLMGyroscopeEvent.rotationRateVector to TLMGyroscopeEvent.vector.
- Issue where training data was no longer being persisted.
- Issue with receiving pose notifications while training.
- Issue filtering out non-Myo BLE devices.
- Assertion failure on creation of TLMHub.
Alpha Release 3
- Added Twist In pose.
- Removed vibrate upon connection.
- Added pairWithAdjacent pairing method.
- Added gyroscope events.
- Added TLMHub property to specify which dispatch queue to receive notifications on.
- An intermittent crash when a Myo disconnects during training.
Alpha Release 2
- In the trainer, examples can now be skipped.
- Several lower level optimizations involving Myo Bluetooth communication.
- A rare bug involving the storage of favourite devices was fixed.
Alpha Release 1